Personal Training Client: Gwendoline Chow
Personal Trainer: Karen Goh
Gwen was born with Global Developmental Delayed.
Problems: Poor eye-hand co-ordination, balancing, low energy, hypotonia (low muscle tone) — on hands, arms, legs and torso, poor posture (hunch), little language (few words or short phrases).
Gwen went through some years of physical and intellectual programs and chiropractor treatments. But issues like squatting down with both feet on the ground, ability to run longer distance, eye-hand co-ordination, balancing, staying focus on task, stamina, strength on hands, arms and legs have been a big challenge.
Praise the Lord! He directed us to FTI through a friend, who shared that FTI could help children with developmental challenges.
During the rehabilitation/functional training, Gwen resisted to some of the therapy treatments and drills. I believed it was aching and painful when Karen was helping her to release her very tight muscles that she perspired a lot. At the end of the training she was always so tired that she would sleep very well in the night!
After 6 months of training, Here are Gwen’s improvements:-
- Posture - She doesn’t hunch that much!
- Stamina and more energetic! She could run 1km in 15 mins!
- Balancing - Able to squat with both feet on the ground!
- Eye-hand co-ordination and focus - Able to hit 11 objects in 11 secs with a stick!
- Language!!! She is very chatty now and have been asking a lot of ‘Who and What’ questions. She is more expressive in words and able to connect or relate to things happening around her. She is having more short conversations with people. Singing song – both Chinese n English!!!
Gwen loves going to FTI for training despite the fact that she felt aches and pains after each training. I believe it is the warm and friendly environment that embraces anyone who comes to this wonderful place. Trainers and Staff are professional, sincere, friendly and kind. We are very thankful to have Karen working with Gwen. Her love, patience and passion of trying very hard to help Gwen to achieve her functions have touched me very much.
God bless all of you abundantly for what you are doing.
I would strongly recommend people with learning or developmental challenges to FTI for this is where their life will be changed for the better.